Friday, May 6, 2011

Round 2: WTH NHL?

So, after some great/long series in Round 1 you would expect more of the same in Round 2 right? As of today, the Bolts already swept the Capitals, the Sharks and Bruins lead 3-0 and Nashville is down 3-1. That's a potential for 3 sweeps in Round 2 and Nashville being the most competitive series!? Don't get me wrong, I like the Predators and am pulling for them. Also, they have been in 3 tight, low scoring OT games. That series is close. But I did kinda think that of them all, it had the only potential for a sweep.
That said, there have been a lot of OT games. I read something about so many days-in-a-row with an OT game. Some really exciting games. It's just that one team is getting the better of another.
Most of all I'm shocked that the Red Wings are down 0-3. The Sharks were beatable against the Kings. The Wings had their dominating playoff game going in Round 1. Most of all I hate to admit that San Jose looks like the team that is finding a way to get it done. Not quite a team of destiny, but they have come back to win and find a way to pull out OT games. It will kill me if another California team wins the Stanley Cup and it ain't the Kings.

No comments: