Monday, May 2, 2011

Hockey Vacation

I was on Spring Break last week, which meant a nice vaction from work and the usual social media outlets. The hard part was not watching every possible Playoff Game. That was made easier, once the Kings were bounced by the Sharks.
 
In not-so-ironic fashion, it was a generous 5-minute major penalty at the end of Game 6 which prevented the LAKings from forcing a Game 7. The lack of powerplay "power" kept the Kings from sealing the deal, and the Sharks came away with yet another OT winner. Looking back at the series, it was the Kings losing to the series more than the Sharks beating them. The two decisive victories were LA wins. Otherwise it was OT or a close decision. There was that horrible blown 4-goal lead...
 
On a positive note, I enjoyed camping with my family without a scratchy playoff beard.
 
Looking back at the first round, I called the Caps, Bruins, Bolts, Canucks, and Predators. I missed the Sabres and Coyotes. Where did I go wrong? Bryzgalov had a horrible series. And the Red Wings didn't miss Zetterberg at all. Miller wasn't bad, but Philly found their game and got Pronger back.
 
The second round is already under way. I had the Red Wings topping the Sharks, especially after the respective first round play of each team. But San Jose is up 2-0, go figure? I also figured the Caps would top the Lightning. But that series is also 2-0 Bolts. Damn. I like Boston over Philly mostly due to goaltending and dislike for Pronger. Similarly, I like Nashville over Vancouver since I'm pulling for Mike Fisher.

No comments: