Friday, May 27, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

I will occasionally give a review of my weekend, but a preview is atypical. I'm looking forward to this weekend. Mostly, because the office is deserted and it makes me anxious for the upcoming freedom of walking out the front door. I am anticipating: a kids' birthday party, 400-miles of driving, BBQ, kung-fu, chasing a white ball around, UFC 130, ice skating, chocolate stout & go kart racing. It sounds busy, but the point is being able to relax with family. I do enjoy the weekends of staying home and doing nothing. But I feel that this weekend is the right time to get out of town. It's all attitude. When I feel ready for sitting in the car, it becomes more of an adventure than a chore. I have high expectations for low expectations. That probably doesn't make any sense. But I tend to have the most enjoyable weekends when I let things happen versus making things happen. That's not to say I won't be involved, there's plenty of stuff planned. I'm just not very worried about the specifics. Let's do this already.

No comments: