Thursday, April 19, 2007

Headcase

Well. I guess the Hasek factor was slightly overlooked by my part. Hasek tried to oversell getting a slight bump when he was at the top of he crease. Doesn't get anything but laughs from the refs, then waves his stick in a mock two-hander at Iginla. Calgary scores on his unsportsmanlike call powerplay. Bertuzzi was a factor for two Detroit goals (which I found shocking, thought he was useless for the time being) But Hasek lets in a long (easy?) shot and later a powerplay goal. Hasek made some good stops in the game, but I couldn't help and think about a JR commentary that the Flames needed to jostle Hasek and get him out of his game to win the series. I stereotype czech hockey players as extremely selfish and self-centered to an extreme, bordering on wacky, with insane logic to justify their behavior. That is the downside of Hasek.

No comments: