Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Halak Attack

Big game tonight. I'm really pulling for the Habs to upset the flightless birds. Again, Halak is key. I'm really gonna lose interest if the Pittsburgh wins. I guess I could still root against them for another round, and/or watch the Sharks come up short again. As much of a hockey fan as I am, it's kinda painful to watch teams I'm only half-heartedly interested in.
Right now, the West is set with San Jose facing Chicago. Sportscenter mentioned something about how long it's been since #1 faced #2 in the Conference Finals. In the East, its still possible for #7 to face #8. That would be interesting.
Speaking of dis-interest, I'm considering dropping the NHL Center Ice Package for next season. What?! Blasphemy for a hockey fan! True. But, the Kings have given me sufficient hope this year, that the team is worth watching next year. So, I don't have to follow some other Eastern team after December, like I have been. Plus, the Fox Sports HD coverage is excellent. Some of the best announcers, cameras, and interviews in the game. I can get that local feed for free. It sucked to pay for grainy Senators games that were rarely in HD. Plus, my family will get my full attention back for the equivalent of 80+ games. I call it the recession hockey package.

1 comment:

Poo said...

Im hoping the Habs pull the second big upset of this postseason. But that would leave the Sharks a heavy favorite for the Cup. Which i also dont like. Im not sure the Hawks can pull off a series against the Sharks right now with the big line finally showing up.

Dropped Center ice this season and substituted the NHL network. Seemed to work out ok.