Monday, June 15, 2009

Bleh

Damn. I'm a bit of a wreck after this weekend. 200 mile drive straight to a 2-hour graduation ceremony, graduation party, eating a dozen music note shaped cookies, ballet recital, Tulare Golf Course, Selma Golf Course, Panorama City Women's Hockey, feeling sick/allergies and World's Strongest Man workout. But about that Cup Final Game.
 
I didn't get to watch the game. I was helping prepare for the graduation party, but did see the highlights of the Penguin's goals and the furious last 5 minutes. I'll just say good for the Penguins. I was standing by the fact that Detroit's depth players would be more than Pittsburgh's in a 7 game series. I'd still put big money on that. But, the Penguins 3rd and 4th line stepped up. Detroit held Pittsburgh's big line in check for all but 1 or 2 games. Crosby had little to no effect. I don't even want to replay the entire game right now. Whenever I have a good deal of emotional investment in a team and they lose; I tend to get depressed. It's embarrassing and sad, but it's the truth. Most of all I was hoping for some redemption for Osgood. But he couldn't bring the mail. With back-to-back Cup victories his ability couldn't be questioned. Now it's just a blown opportunity.
 
It's a tough time for me to be a hockey fan. I've nothing but the draft to look forward to and then a long summer. One of my favorite players is asking to be traded and making himself out to be quite the Prima Donna. What a douche. At least that adds an element of surprise at the Draft. Will Murray move up to a top 2 pick with a Heatley trade? Is a blockbuster trade to get Dion Phaneuf a possibility? Would the Kings be dumb enough to trade for Heatley? We'll see.
 
Also, my boy Wanderlei lost a decision in his fight this weekend. I didn't see it. I hear there was a bit of controversy with people seeing it either way. Must have been a good fight. Must find it in the internet tonight
 
Played 37 holes this weekend. Couldn't get the ball off the tee to save my life. That made for a frustrating two days. Was putting good one day, but not the other. Iron play was actually good at times, but not very consistent. It was a blast to get out there, but a lowlight was throwing my 7-wood into a tree. I think I was starting to get sick from allergies and 30 holes of poor drives finally got me to a breaking point.
 
So I'm sitting at my desk just relaxing from an action packed weekend. Things didn't go my way, but I still wouldn't trade it for anything. I took my frustrations out on the weights this morning. For some reason it was a good idea to try the Farmers Walk. It's in the World's Strongest Man contest, where you walk with weights in both hands. This was after my normal workout. All I can say is that I'm in a post-workout haze and that suits me just fine.

No comments: