Tuesday, June 23, 2009

TUF Finale

Wow. I had heard plenty of reaction about the Ultimate Fighter Finale, but didn't actually watch it until last night. I gotta say that it was one of the better fight cards I've seen lately. I think I'm getting spoiled, since the last WEC card was extremely good as well. This puts quite a bit of pressure on UFC 100.
 
I have respected Clay Guida for his stamina and wrestling. You can't argue that he brings energy to the ring. But, I've always felt that he got the benefit of the doubt with inactivity on the ground and ultimately some lay & pray action. This fight showed me something else. That Guida is one tough dude. Sanchez had him bloodied and battered, with an arguable two-point first round. Guida kept coming. A great fight.
 
I had heard that there were three Fight of the Night awards. Shouldn't there be only one Fight of the Night? But it's great that 6 fighters got paid for putting on a show. Maybe this is a good idea after all. It will gives positive reinforcement for putting it all out there and that's what people want to see. The UFC has had a few too many duds on PPV. Nothing motivates better than money?

No comments: