Thursday, June 4, 2009

Media Predictions

I've seen and heard quite a few stories about the surging Penguins and Magic these days. I'm just glad that the games are finally happening today. I don't know all that much about the NBA, but I am pretty sure that the news reporters didn't actually watch game 3 of the NHL Cup Final. If you went purely by the boxscore, it would appear that Pittsburgh's power play won them the game. It did. But the Red Wings had a pretty good game and Osgood had stoppable shots on those powerplay goals. Maybe its a good thing that Osgood is not taking any heat for that loss. Or the media is not willing to backpedal after all but giving him the Conn Smyth trophy after games 1 & 2. Either way, I'm glad that the games are taking place tonight and the real drama will happen on the ice, not in the press.

No comments: