Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Nice Hat

This is a pretty cool blog story about what happens to the hats that are thrown to the ice during a hat trick. I've gotta say that my hat turnover is pretty slow and any hat that I throw to the ice should probably be burned versus given to the homeless, they've suffered enough. That said, I've only thrown one hat to the ice that I can remember. At NHL games I'm usually too far from the ice to get my hat out there. Even Nolan Ryan couldn't heave my hat out there from the nosebleed seats. Also, the protective netting along the ends of the rink is pretty much a hat blocking shield.
 
But the Fresno Falcons from back in the day is a different story. This was before the protective netting, and I just happened to be wearing a promotional hat I got a week before. I can't even remember who got the hat trick, but I launched my hat frisbeee style. It didn't make it over the plexi and hit some dude in the back of the head. Fortunately, he figured out what was going on and my hat made the connecting flight, so the trip to the ice was complete.
 
I rarely wear a hat to a game, but when I do, it happens to be a hat I can do without.  You never know...
 

No comments: