Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Game 7

Damn. I'm not happy about the Red Wings going to a game 7. The old cliche that anything can happen. But I'm pretty confident they can close the deal. It's interesting that home ice has meant so much in this series. So, it's up to Detroit to hold serve and raise the Cup.
 
Last night's game was pretty entertaining, yet frustrating. The Penguins were game, and played like their season was on the line. The Red Wings did their usual bend but not break defense. Osgood was stellar in the first period. Crosby and Malkin were held in check all game, but overall Pittsburgh won more puck battles and forced more turnovers, got more shots. Ultimately, it was a battle of the depth players and the Penguins won. I think the game winner is one Osgood would like to have back, as it hit him in the middle of the jersey and still somehow squeezed through him.
 
The final seconds were a madhouse. Defenseman Rob Scuderi made two highlight saves while squatting in the crease. I thought this one was destined for overtime, but it wasn't to be.
 
Nervously looking forward to Friday. I'm just hoping for a good game. Game 7's turn out to be blowouts more often than not. I'm pretty sure I've said that before in this blog. The Wings better be on the right side of the blowout.

No comments: