Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Promo Food of the Week: Wendy's Sweet & Spicy Asian Boneless Wings

Welcome to my latest recurring blog post idea. Promo Food of the Week. It's no secret that I love fast food and am a total sucker for any promotional food item. What is a "promo food"? Basically, it's a fast food chain's way of creating a new menu item, but it's usually just the ingredients from what they already have with a 'special' sauce, breading, condiment or bun to make it appear new and unique.
That brings us to today's Sweet & Spicy Asian Boneless Wings. Now the name alone draws you in. Asian Boneless Wings? I guess calling it sweet and spicy wasn't enough of a fastfood-ese giveaway. But, they tasted OK. Basically, a bunch of McNuggets drowned in sweet and sour sauce with a touch of red pepper.
What kills me is they were $3.99. I could have had 4 sets of the 5-piece nuggets instead and not been hungry now. Fancy sauce be damned. I'm all about volume. So, the promo food item is once again a tempting mistress that doesn't deliver for the price.

No comments: