Monday, July 6, 2009

4th

I'm exhausted. This morning it seemed like a distant memory the last time I was at work and that was only Thursday. I joked at the thought of not remembering my login password at work. The ironic thing was that it expired today and made me change to a new one.
 
The 4th was great! Kalea's birthday week continued and we had her BBQ on Friday. So, officially she had: cupcakes at daycare on Tuesday, Disneyland trip on Wednesday, (free) Pizza Kitchen dinner on Thursday, family pool party & BBQ on Friday, fireworks at the park on Saturday, & swimming and yogurtland on Sunday. She got a motorized razor scooter from her grandparents. It's a bit much for her to handle right now, but it makes a great excuse for fun tandem rides with Daddy.
 
Kalani is generally afraid of everything, but apparently not of fireworks. He's also pretty bold in the pool as well. So, he enjoyed the weekend festivities and seeing his grandparents.
 
I had a bacon double cheeseburger fresh off the grill on Friday, funnelcake, bacon wrapped hotdog, kettle corn on Saturday and an Italian feast on Sunday. I guess that's why I was pretty sluggish this morning. Very hard to get into the gym.
 
I think my eating was to make up for Kobayashi's loss to Chestnut at the '09 Nathan's Hotdog eating contest. I believe the final score was 68 Chestnut and 64 Kobayashi. That's an incredible number, especially since they went down to 10 minutes from 12 minutes only two years ago and they are already eating more dogs in less overall time.

No comments: