Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mmmm... Burger

I am a sucker for those semi-upscale restaurants that were made fun of in the Carl's Jr $6 burger commercials. The kind of place that is usually a theme restaurant and half of the floorplan is a bar. But the prices are usually a bit crazy for the fact that it is just modified bar food.
The day after my vow to eat a little better, the Family went to Buffalo Fire Department. Its theme is obviously a firehouse, with local fire house tee-shirts on the wall. Because a it is owned by a chef, it has a pretty interesting menu. It is mostly bar food, but with a slight gourmet twist. So, I give you the Thai BBQ Wasabi Sauce Burger.
It was pretty damn good. The wasabi was subtle, but very tasty. Kalani had the mac n' cheese fritter; which was a fried mac n' cheese shaped like a 6" dia hockey puck. It was excellent. I think it had a touch of that Selland Arena nachos, nacho cheese sauce.
If this place wasn't so expensive, I'd be there for lunch once a week. As it is, I bet it's closed down sooner than later. Not too many people willing to pay that price for burgers. But next time I'm trying a dozen of the Suicide Wings.

No comments: