Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Workout of the Day 7/15

Summer is the dead time for me. No NHL. Not much else happening in the world of sport. So I don't have a whole lot to blog about. I shouldn't say that. There are a several good MMA fights next month. The real problem is more likely, a lot of dead time during the day.

I was working on doing a feature of "promotional fast food item of the week". But, my diet has taken a turn for the better lately, so I am less apt to order the nastiest thing on the menu. I've decided to catalog my workouts. Mostly stories from the gym, as there are plenty of interesting and wacky things that happen any given morning.

Today, was a pretty average day. Not very crowded. I was able to hog the smith machine and a loaded barbell for my quasi-circuit workout. No problems.

This will bring me to my pet peeve. Or one of my many pet peeves. It is guys (people) who don't rack their weights. This is when you walk up to a barbell, sled or smith machine and it has weights on it. Hmmm. I don't see anyone using this. Did the guy just get some water or take a leak? Nope. Just left the weights on the bar. I know it seems like an awful lot of work to un-load a barbell when you are done with it, but c'mon you are weightlifting. If nothing else, it is the indicator that you are done with that piece of equipment; so I can hog it myself.

I guess looking at the big picture, it's a nice problem to have. There are so few people that workout in the morning, I can't tell who has left the weights there and if anyone is using it. Pretty cool actually. I've been in plenty of Globo Gyms where you wait in line to use the bench. That sucks. I can't workout that way. Give me inconsiderate-leave-the-weights-on-the-bar-Guy anytime.

No comments: