Thursday, April 29, 2010

Round 2

I am following the Red Wings exclusively from here on out. It's hard to follow with the same enthusiasm once your team is booted from the post-season. There are two schools of thought. 1) Root against the team that bounced your boys out of the playoffs. 2) Root for them, since it's ok to lose to the eventual Cup champion. I plan on going with #1.
It is easy for me to hate the Penguins with Sydney Crosby. I don't know where this comes from. Crosby is a gamer. He plays hard; no floating for this superstar. I have plenty of respect for his game. But all the Crosby fanboys have ruined it for me. I want to see him lose. Same goes for Marc Andre Fleury.
Then you have Vancouver. I am disinterested in Vancouver, in general. Haven't cared about the Canucks since the Pavel Bure era. They have never been a polarizing team to me. Very meh. But after dropping the Kings, they need to lose. I was a big fan of Luongo when he was in Florida. But after the whole mess of making him captain of the team, not so much. I don't think a goalie should captain a team. It's great that he's on the ice the whole game, but a captain needs to also be on the bench with the players and coaches.
 
 

No comments: