Monday, July 26, 2010

1 week, 3 games

The Toyota Sports Center Hockey administrator, must love having to schedule the rec games during the Summer; 'cause it can be quite wacky at times. I think it's because of all the clinics that are held there. Once again, my "Friday" league has a game on Monday. It doesn't seem as quick a turnaround as last time. I think this is because it doesn't take me 3-days to recover from playing anymore. Now, I have more of a residual soreness that never really goes away. I played last Friday, will be on the ice again tonight and this Friday. I like getting a more regular playing pace going, as it helps my game. I need ice time, more than anything. The best part is that it's the Summer and the family comes to watch my games. It's still new and fun for everyone involved, so I'm soaking it up. A few years back, going to my roller games got old pretty fast for them.
I'm pretty stoked, as I am starting to learn how to stop on ice. In warm-up, I can kinda stop while turning to the left, and moving pretty slow. I have been unconsciously slowing myself to make stickhandling moves around people. It's encouraging, but slow progress...

No comments: