Monday, July 19, 2010

Nocturnal Weekends

With both the Wife and myself playing hockey, we have been logging long hours at the Toyota Sports Center during the last few weekends. Not just that, but very late nights there. One night I had a 8:15 game, while she had a double-header at 10:00 & 11:15. My last game was 10:45, her's the night before was 10:15. Occasionally, the kids come with us. They love being out of the house when it's dark outside, much less midnight. So, we have had a habit of going noctural on the weekends; getting up mid to late morning each day. This makes for a brutal Monday morning. Of course the Wife and kids are not in school and get to sleep-in. I have to get up for work and factoring in the morning workout, my Monday afternoons are a real struggle.
But it's a great problem to have. I'm sure the kids won't care less about our hockey games soon. I don't think we will be playing hockey at the same rink on the same night for much longer either. It's an equally exhausting and unique Summer situation. Good stuff.

No comments: