Monday, July 26, 2010

Samsung Captivate: Coming Soon!

So I am currently on day #5 of cell phone withdrawls. It's not so much that I talk on the phone a lot, but I'm addicted to the wireless interweb access. Also, I had several good photo-ops that were blown, since my always-with-me-camera was gone. Add to that the need to make sure I wore my watch everyday. Usually my watch is decorative; with my phone-in-hand I've worn a watch that didn't have a working battery only to notice it at the end of the day. Finally, my alarm clock is my cell phone. I woke up late this morning, since I forgot to set my iPad alarm. All of this should be fixed by this afternoon according to FEDEX tracking.
I ordered a Samsung Captivate. It's from their Galaxy S line of phones which runs Android. I'm a bit of a Google fanboy, so I think I will be able to integrate with this phone quite easily. Most phone companies and providers have gone with an exclusivity model, not Samsung. They launched a Galaxy S model of phone on all four major carriers at the same time! It seems like a solid piece of hardware by the reviews. So, regardless of which major carrier you are on, you can run a model of this phone, with the respective carrier putting their spin on the phone.
The AT&T version is the Captivate. It's got a great screen, is mid-sized (bigger than iPhone but smaller than Droid X). Seems a bit iPhone-esque, but I guess that's a good thing. One feature is HD video. (I'm not a big video shooting guy, though) Regardless of the features, I'm just excited to get my wireless life back. I will probably of review posts in the coming days, weeks...

No comments: