Friday, July 16, 2010

Workout of the Day - July 16

I have had mixed results in the gym lately. Or rather, mixed effort. I added more cardio to the mix about 4-weeks ago, in an effort to get in better shape for rec ice hockey. But, lately I don't have the energy for the cardio or weights. This has led to lackluster efforts. Also, I've noticed that I skip a workout a week. I don't think I'm overtraining, but still feel burned-out. I keep asking Pinchy to be my workout partner, but most people can't fathom a morning workout.
I have been more careful about planning my leg workout. I made the mistake of doing one too close to a hockey gameday and didn't have any jump in my legs. So, planning is of the essence. It's further complicated by the fact that Fridays are not always gameday. I've had a random Saturday and Tuesday thrown in there.
But today I was feeling pretty good for once. So it was heavy leg press, regardless of having a game tomorrow night. I am addicted to maxing out the leg sled. I just found out that the team is going to be shorthanded and our best player can't make the game. Tomorrow is going to be interesting...

No comments: