Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Kovalchuk to LA Kings

I don't know what he's waiting for... Kovy should accept that Los Angeles will be his home. I see it as a pretty good fit. A young and hungry team, good talent, & solid organization. He would be a marquee guy in a big city. LA has the nightlife and weather that can't be beat. Yet enough distractions, that he could go about his business practically unnoticed if he wanted to.
 
If Kovy wants big dollars, he should stay in Atlanta or go to the Islanders. I've heard that both teams are willing to throw money his way. As far as winning? That's not quite as guaranteed at these locales.
 
If Kovy wants a more established team, take New Jersey. They always contend. I don't think he was the greatest fit as a Devil, but that's going by the stat sheet. In my mind, the Devils are trending downward as much as the Kings are trending upward.
 
I don't think Lombardi is playing hardball, but I do think he's smart. He has an idea of what he can afford to pay Kovy, while still putting together a roster around him. This is a team looking for a finisher to put them over the top, not establish a team around a scorer. Take it or leave it. I don't want Kovalchuk on the Kings at any cost. If it doesn't work, it's for the best. If he can't see past his nose, it's his loss...

No comments: