Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Samsung Captivate: Initial Impressions

A beauty of a screen. The Captivate is indeed a good looking phone. It didn't take me long to get used to it. Longer and wider than what I'm used, but thinner and much lighter. Fits in the hand well. Performance was snappy & quick and the touch screen very responsive. I've had a few mis-keys with the keyboard; but that might be solved by using a different keyboard setting. It's pretty intuitive. Setting were easy to find.
I'm still getting used to the UI. It features 7 windows that can hold widgets. Very easy to navigate. I like the interface. It can show social updates from Facebook & Twitter, without going into the actual application. And there's a weather, stock, & news widget. All fully customizable, so I'm still working with what widgets I need and where to put them.
My early complaints? Battery life. The jury is still out, since I'm basically going non-stop with the phone, downloading apps, tweaking settings, testing apps. But I'm going through battery quickly. I have a charger at home and at work, but my old chargers won't work this time. Note to self: get a charger for work and in the car.
I'm pretty happy so far. Definitely no dealbreakers. However, I have yet to test my reception at home. But I get a solid signal at work, where I spend 40-hours of my week.

No comments: