Monday, February 7, 2011

Bauer Supreme One 80 - Review 2.0

Part 2.  My Bauer Supreme One 80's are holding up well after 4 months. The fit is still great and I think it has to do with the stiffness of the boot. I don't think there's much break-in on these skates. They fit great after being baked and have stayed that way. I don't think there is any shifting, stretching or settling going on after the initial fit. So, if you don't like them out of the gate, they probably won't "break-in" much. The upside of that is having a consistent fitting skate every time you put it on.
 
Durability is fair/good. There is a spot on one skate that looks like the skate could be de-laminating. But closer inspection shows that it is structurally fine, just something well under the surface layer. Otherwise the skates are holding up very well with moderate use (two games a week). Boot, eyelets, & skate runner are all solid.
 
I would still buy these skates all over again, if given the choice.

No comments: