Thursday, February 17, 2011

Workout of the Day - Feb 17

Today was Epic Fail Day at the gym. For once, the fail does not refer to my workout. I've been bonking lately, so I've scaled things back and going easier with the workouts. I'm hoping that a rest month of sorts is all I need. But back to the fail.
I got to the parking lot and pulled my gym bag out of the car. It was wet. My gatorade filled water bottle had leaked. Actually, it wasn't filled. I usually only have it 1/4 or 1/8 filled with concentrated Gatorade powder & water. I've had a BIG leak before, so I purposely fill it up after getting to the gym. The bottle was empty. I got into the locker room and determined that my sweater, socks and boxers were wet with concentrated Gatorade. This is when I noticed I had forgot my towel as well.
At this point I had no dry clothes to change into and no towel. I figured things were not going my way. Maybe best to skip my workout? That's not my style. I channeled my inner Mac Gyver. I used the swimsuit centrifuge to dry out my wet clothes, but that didn't really work. Option two, was to leave the clothes in the sauna. I did my workout and came back to dry underwear, but the socks were still a little damp. For a towel, I used my sweatshirt. This is a desperation move. That sweatshirt stays in my gym bag for the most part and it stinks. I only wear it from my house in the AM, to the gym; that's it. So, I may be a bit gamey today, but I don't have any meetings scheduled. I got my workout in. In fact, the adrenaline from being a little upset got me through a solid workout. Win.

No comments: