Monday, February 7, 2011

LAKings Time is Now - Update

Things have gone well since my last LAKings post. They finished off the homestand with two wins, then went 2-0-1 on the road so far. I'm happy, but cautious.
 
There is still a lack of scoring despite getting much needed points. The game against the Wild featured a 0-0 score, that was lost in the shootout. And the last game against Calgary almost got away, after a blow 3rd period lead was salvaged by a 7-round shootout win! I'm stoked the boys are getting it done, but maybe the margin for error could be improved.!?
 
There are 5 days between games and the Kings will be at home a few days to practice before wrapping up the 7-games left on the roadtrip. Actually, 6 games. The last game is on the road against Anaheim, but not much travel involved.
 
On the trade front, there are currently way too many teams that consider themselves playoff bound. I think the Devils, Senators, Oilers and Isles are probably seller as of today. I wonder what Kovalchuk thinks of his decision to join New Jersey today? I'm glad that LA didn't sell the future to get him, but scoring is lacking right now. I have to think something happens for the Kings at the trade deadline.

No comments: