Wednesday, February 2, 2011

UFC 126

I used to post something before each UFC fight, but not so much anymore. I guess the fight cards don't interest me as much. The exception is that I have been looking forward to this card (UFC 126) since it was taking shape last year. Title fight of Anderson Silva vs Vitor Belfort. I'm a big Silva fan, but not sure where his head has been at in recent fights. He also received his biggest beatdown to date by Chael Sonnen. I'm hoping that a big fight will be what's needed to motivate Silva to be back in full Spider-man form. It's a bit suspect that Belfort is getting a title shot. His resume speaks for itself, but his last fight was at a catchweight (195) and he's yet to even fight at middleweight in the UFC. Still, I'm eagerly awaiting this one.
Two of the most popular UFC fighters faceoff in Griffin vs Franklin. I never bet against either of these guys. Both are extremely tough. I have this pegged for Fight of the Night. Going with Franklin.
Jon Jones and Ryan Bader are the top two up and coming light heavyweights in the UFC. I LOVE Jon Jones. The guy reminds me of the dynamic striking of early Anderson Silva. I think Bader, while powerful, will be outclassed by Jones. I hope for yet another spectacular KO.
Also on this card are several WEC mainstays: Miguel Torres, Antonio Banuelos, Donald Cerrone, Chad Mendes. Most of these fight are on the prelims, but these guys don't disappoint. Should a couple of the main cards be short and sweet, these guys will definitely make great filler.
And my favorite walkout music-guy Kyle Kingsbury is on the undercard. What else could you ask for?

No comments: