Thursday, September 3, 2009

Gamer News - Batman on hold

So, I went to Gamestop and intended to get the new Batman: Arkham Asylum game. But my cheapness streak came out and I went "pre-owned." I'm not anywhere near a hardcore gamer. I have a fairly narrow range of interest and don't buy too many games. (The games I do buy tend to get well played.) Also, I tend to go with highly acclaimed games that have hit the classic or clearance bin, and mostly used. This is usually foolproof, since the game has been reviewed and analyized to death. The downside is that I'm always a year or two late to the party. This could be a major issue, but I am not a online/multiplayer type-guy either. In fact, I don't have too many gamer friends to keep me up-to-date. This allows me to be in a kind of gamer timewarp where games are new to me, even though they are a year old. So, in a nutshell, I buy cheap, older games that I plod through by myself.
 
Bioshock ended-up beating out Batman. Yeah, it's REALLY old. It was originally on X-Box in late 2007 and made it's way to PS3 in late 2008; I've got it now in late 2009. I have known about it, but never seen it played. So far a pretty cool game. I really like the art deco and time period-ness of the game. Role playing horror and puzzle games are my favorites, and this one has those elements. For $25 bucks, you can't beat it. Anyone living in a cave the last two years should pick it up.
 
 

No comments: