Monday, September 21, 2009

UFC 103

Saw UFC 103 at the local sports bar. It was a combination date night
and birthday celebration, as the wife and I went with another couple.
Yeah, it's cool to have an understanding wife that would put up with
going to a fight as a "date". Much less a couples night. We had fun.

Belfort is back. He didn't waste many punches and tore-up Franklin
once he did engage. I wasn't sure what to expect for Vitor, but he
impressed. Same for Paul Daley. I've heard of the guy, but never seen
him fight. He's got some heavy hands. Dos Santos becomes a major
heavyweight player; with a striking beatdown of Cro Cop. But
ultimately, I'm still not sure he has the power or size to contend
with Lesnar.

It's rumored that Vitor is jumping both Hendo and Marquardt as the
next Anderson Silva victim. I'm interested in that fight. I gotta say
that seeing either wrestler take on Anderson is not the most appealing
fight. But they both did the best against him. Maybe it will keep
Silva from thinking about the supposed Mir fight.

I'm a fan of Tyson Griffin and he looked pretty good. He was mixing it
up well and changing levels, looked very quick and powerful. He
will/should get a title shot one day.

No comments: