Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Workout of the Day - Sept 9

I'm on doctor's orders to not rub my eyes or close them tightly. This translates to no "grunting" at the gym. Not in the "making-a-weird-gutteral-noise" sense, but in a "lifting hard enough to close the eyes tightly and pray for help" sense. While it didn't seem that hard in theory, I have realized how much I tend to grit my teeth and tighten my eyes while lifting weights. I haven't done a thing since last Friday and felt a little guilty for being lazy, as well as feeling extra rested. So, I had energy to burn this morning and some grunting ensued.
 
I guess it was a good thing. As I have now realized how much energy I waste on tensing the face, neck, forehead, & jaws. They don't actually lift any weight. Take that for what it's worth.
 
 

No comments: