Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Workout of the Day - Sept 2

A little redemption today. Much better effort today in the gym than Monday. My latest workout change was to add a Farmer's Walk once a week or so; I starting doing this several months ago. It's fun because I've always been a fan of the World's Strongest Man Contest. Just like Magnus Ver Magnusson (what a great sports name btw) I carry around some weights and walk until exhausted. It gets some unusual looks, since most sane people don't do this exercise in the gym or ever. But it works a lot of areas: legs, core, back, shoulders, traps, & lungs. I recommend lifting straps, since dropping weights is frowned upon in most gyms. And if you do it anywhere near the point of pushing yourself, the grip is the first thing to go. Next is the shoulders and core, your posture starts to give and the weights are hard to keep out of your legs. I bet it's pretty funny to watch. Give it a try, all you need is some dumbells, a good sized runway and no fear of weird looks.

No comments: